Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Marathon!

April 2009 will present a very rare occasion for my family. Both of my sons will be running in the London Marathon. My older son, Alun, will be running on behalf of the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, with which he has a long personal association.

My younger son, Carwyn, will be running on behalf of the Parkinson's Disease Society (PDS). He was obliged to raise a minimum of £1700 to compete in the marathon, and he achieved this aim within around 10 weeks of campaigning. He now hopes to raise well in excess of £2000 for the charity.

Carwyn has chosen to run for the PDS on account of the suffering that his mother-in-law has endured over the last three years, as a result of some of the more extreme symptoms of Parkinson's. In running for the PDS, Carwyn hopes to raise awareness of the condition amongst his friends.

If you are interested, you may sponsor Carwyn HERE . He thanks you for your support.

Carwyn trains in the sand dunes of Burry Port in preparation for his London Marathon run

As part of his campaign, Carwyn has attracted significant business sponsorship. He would like to draw attention to two sponsors in particular:

Pink Kettle

Pink Kettle was founded by Ursula Stevens following her return to her home town of Carlisle. Ursh is a busy mum of two little cherubs and appreciates that life today places time constraints on everyone regardless of their situation. It is her aim to make shopping for gifts a more pleasurable experience from the comfort of your own home. Pink Kettle has pledged to donate £1 for every £10 recieved in sales between tonight and the marathon in April. Just quote "CARWYN" with your order..."


Manila lettings

"We can solve your short term rental needs in the Philippines. If you are looking for a short let apartment in Manila for a few nights, a week, a month or a year, our apartments are a cost-effective alternative to restrictive hotel rooms. Whether relocating, or travelling for business or pleasure, our apartments offer guests every home comfort."


5 Comments:

Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. I once considered doing a marathon. I ran long distance track in High school, but I allowed myself to get out of shape too quickly after school and I didn't know if I'd ever have the strength to do it. Plus, they didn't have many marathons where I grew up.

10:17 pm  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Go Carwyn Go!!

Go Alun Go!!

We are all rooting for you!

10:48 pm  
Blogger simon said...

Cool! he looks fit I think!!!
BTW word verification

Cathran! Cath ran!!!

2:00 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I have already sponsored Carwyn and wish him every success.
My son David was under GOS hospital for four years and I can vouch for their fantastic work. Two great causes.

10:15 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

That's cool. I like long endurance things I think, but running was never one of them (unless I was running back and forth playing basketball).

Great to hear of Carwyn and Alun's hard work in training and hopefully fun, for a great cause. Kudos on them!

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home