Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Country Road

This week I headed south from Cumbria to join my family (Alun, Trudy and Jimmy) in Hampshire. One of the main events of the visit was a night ride with Titchfield Cycling Association (TCA) follow that link for a report of the ride).

The following night a gale blew in from the Atlantic, with strong winds and heavy rain, lasting well into the next morning. Undaunted, Alun and I kitted up in storm clothes to venture forth. As soon as we were in the saddle, the clouds rolled back to reveal an hour's worth of bright Autumn sunshine, perfect for a gentle ride through some of England's most pleasant country lanes.

Alun streaks ahead along a country road in Hamphire
Click on the picture for a treat!

13 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Did you take your own bike with you or did you borrow one?

Nice picture of Alun showing you a clean set of wheels!

3:58 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

I hope it was quality pineapple juice you had on that ride with TCA!

5:18 pm  
Blogger simon said...

well,

John Denvers last song was "did you fill up my Cesnar?....

ahahaha

It made so inspired I listened to Glen Cambell's Witchita linesman.

How do the bike cope with such weather? Every time i ride in such conditions i break something....

10:49 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

I am impressed by your techno-savvy skills where your photo leads to a Youtube song....

4:19 am  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

John Denvers? I thought it was Chris Khristopherson.

I know the answer to my first question as I went to TCA and Alun said you had brought your bike with you.

7:42 am  
Blogger Merisi said...

Amazing, how green the trees still look! Did you shoot this picture while riding the bike? ;-)

1:49 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

The only cycling I get to do is at the gym. I hope you have a lovely family visit.

3:55 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes, I love John Denver and that song.

I would really think you have some of the nicest places to cycle anywhere. We have some in the Grand Rapids area.

Very nice that you could do that together with Alun. And a great way to help stay in shape and enjoy it. Nice pic of you and the guys making a toast.

10:24 pm  
Blogger simon said...

Actually loranzo I jimmy Webb composed a lot of songs for these singers...

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely setting for a bike ride or for a walk. Always mindful of Robin Hood of course.

10:28 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Is it still sunny there?

5:43 pm  
Blogger Charles Gramlich said...

That's a beautiful lane for a ride along. As for the song, I haven't heard that in a long time. I used to sing it a fair amount, however, having grown up in the country.

9:46 pm  
Blogger Tuga7 said...

good work, nicely captured.

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home