Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Festivities commence!

Today, Wednesday 20th December, is the Eve of the Winter Solstice 2006. The point of furthest departure of the sun is about 10.00pm tomorrow evening, Thursday 21st December. Tonight and tomorrow nights will therefore be the longest of the year. After that, the sun will start its northerly sojourn, bringing promise of another spring, the Cuckoo and Swallow, however far off it might seem just now.

To help me get the Solstice Celebrations off to a suitable start, my Décor Adviser Carolyn zipped up the M6 in her speedy sports car and in no time the Solstice Tree was decorated and the Solstice Rites could begin.

Solstice celebrations commence with Carolyn wearing the Coronet of Holly and bearing the Orb of Spice and a glass of glogg. The Ritual of the Sceptre of Mistletoe was executed later.


May the strengthening and warming rays of the returning sun bring joy to your hearts and fertility to your loins. Or, if you prefer, to your gardens.





Sylphe surveys the her domain from her lofty perch




Mince pies, fresh from the oven, sprinkled with cinnamon and icing sugar.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, You do push the boat out and celebrate in style, I can see that bottle of bubbly on the table too. And I do like Carolyn's halo of holly, it's so pretty.
Have a lovely Solstice. And a very Merry Christmas too.

5:41 pm  
Blogger Maalie said...

Ellee: No half measures in Maalie Court ;-)

7:19 pm  
Blogger Davy said...

I was going to wish you a merry christmas, but it seems that you need no encouragement at all...

A well, I'll wish you a good one anyway! I'll not forget my New Years Mixed Game Caserole!

Slainté

Davy

7:40 pm  
Blogger simon said...

Merry Christmas mate....also to Davy, Ellee, TCA Ju's LS, Kiwi nomad..etc!


ho ho HO.. i am about to buy a turkey!

10:48 pm  
Blogger Ju's little sister said...

Happy Solstice,
Enjoy your celebrations :-)
To all of you
JLS.

11:22 pm  
Blogger TCA said...

Ring out Solstice bells!

I hope you have some energy left for the Welcoming of the Sun rites on the 25th.

Will join you in spirit tonight for a toast to the sun - HAPPY SOLSTICE!

W

9:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are all gearing up for Christmas now, Merry Christmas to all Maalie's readers, I'm taking a blogging break now.

2:51 pm  
Blogger Tortoiseshell said...

"...bringing promise of another spring, the Cuckoo and Swallow..."

Cheltenham Races is the traditional harbinger of spring for me - stemming back to my days as a busker.

3:44 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

Testing..... can I post this comment? (I have not been able to post comments on non-beta blogs now for several days so am using you to see if it affects beta blogs as well!!!!!!)

5:34 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

Ahhhh I CAN comment here!!! Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy the heat over there simon. Maybe you will get rid of the fog in time for a white Christmas maalie!

5:36 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

I have a couple of pohutukawa photos from the large tree across the road from my house. I want to post them for you for Christmas, but blogger also seems to be having issues with photos as far as my blog goes at present! I will try again later.

12:21 am  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Did Billie Piper move the earth for you last night...?

12:33 pm  
Blogger Maalie said...

Certainly did!

4:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maalie, Hope you had a great Solstice and Christmas, I think January is going to be rather quiet for you in comparison,especially as you celebrated your birthday then too.

5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home