Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The restaurant

I am grateful to my old school-friend Clive for drawing my attention to this interesting restaurant in China. As I am rather fond of Chinese food, I am considering adding this location to my "gap-year" experience (you know, the one I never has as a student). If any readers would like to accompany me, I will gladly pay for the wine. Clive has kindly supplied illustrated directions to the restaurant.

Click on any picture to enlarge for detail.

First - take the tram up to the start of the trail


Now follow the path


Be sure to hold on to the 'railing'

Keep an eye on the person in front of you


Be very careful when passing someone going in the opposite direction

Now just up a few steps (they are on the left in the picture)


Gets a little steeper here - so put your toes in the holes


A few more steps to go


Finally in sight

So, my friends. anyone for lunch?


12 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

We'll come!

7:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yowza!!!

8:39 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

Oh my giddy gosh!!!
Everyone keeps asking me where I am going next, now that I have just got home. But I think I might give this particular cafe a miss!!!

9:42 pm  
Blogger simon said...

um I am feeling ill....

11:48 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Staggering beauty. Breathtaking, but I would be losing my breath for another reason; I'd likely be petrified. But it helps if one knows what they're doing, and does the safe thing; then I'd probably make it. But I'm neither a sea or air guy, but a land dweller, I guess.

Reminds me of the ropes course I went on some years back with a youth group. The first year I went up, I fell down. I was frozen in fear right after I got to the top, looking down. As soon as I got across that one rope to the first platform, I got down.

The next year I was determined to do better, and NOT to look down. And I did the whole course not falling once. But it would have been interesting, and perhaps good for me, had I fallen. To see how I'd recover from that. But that could wait another year, that to my recollection, never came (nor did that goal enter my mind until now. I have sweaty palms as I type!)

Are you going there, Maalie? I can imagine that you could do it. No fear of heights, evidently.

2:52 am  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

So far then Maalie, it's just us who will accompany you.

9:42 am  
Blogger Merisi said...

M.me Le Lama:
You must be used to such staggering heights, from Peru! :-)
They won't sell alcohol up there, presumably.

I politely decline the invitation, can't fathom the idea of taking a tram and looking down, by accident. :-(

10:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My admiration to the people who built the path in the first place!

Looks terrifying, I think I'll settle for Miki's egg fried rice!

Jack

9:51 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Wow, amazing, but I don't think I am brave enough, I will settle for an empty tummy.

8:53 am  
Blogger Maria said...

I'd like to come with you, the path looks breaktaking but it is not really difficult to go. Fine steps, solid chains!
But you should NEVER look down... ;)

12:47 pm  
Blogger Maria said...

...breaktaking...
of course I mean breathtaking,
not breaking one's whatever...
:(

12:49 pm  
Blogger Lavinia said...

My goodness! Oh!

I am so afraid of heights....just looking at these made me a little...shall we say....woozy....

They are spectacular photos from a truly stunning location, but I'm afraid that noise you hear is my retreating footsteps heading to the nearest local, flat-grounded restaurant!

12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home