Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Monday, September 01, 2008

Wet Sunday in the Lake District

It is now official: England has had its wettest summer on record. Not to be outdone by Lorenzo the Llama who reported a wet weekend in Cornwall, I am able to report that the Lake District in Cumbria welcomed Carwyn, Kathryn and Heledd in similar fashion. Nevertheless the Lake District can look austere and beautiful in the rain. And there is plenty to do.
The Old Man of Consiton projects through the lower levels of stratus

Riverside cottages in Grasmere village...


...but a café might provide a refuge

Kathryn, Carwyn and Heledd look happy in the rain

A boat trip on Conston Water is suggested

The steam gondola comes alongside

Full steam ahead, Cap'n!


Heledd watches the other boats...


Ready about! Lee ho!

You can always go 'below' out of the rain for a drink of milk!


For Heledd

11 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Well, you've had Kathryn, Carwyn and Heledd for the weekend, it's my turn now!
Heledd is in the bath ... whoops .. she's out of the bath and objecting.

Hoping to get some good photos of the three of them tonight and tomorrow so I can put up a post about them too!

7:26 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Who minds the rain when you have your lovely family by your side :-)

9:14 pm  
Blogger Shrinky said...

Great shots Maalie, I love the pic of the baby umbrella (smile). Our Grand Prix races were almost a complete wash out over the entire two week duration, very disappointing for all the poor visitors.. ah well, there is always next year, huh?

9:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A most interesting post. And the photos are neat too. I see lots of rain on your side of the world. It has been dry as a bone here where I live so I played the role of the Rain Man and made my own rain. I posted a picture of it on my Brookville Blog.

2:26 pm  
Blogger Barbara said...

Rain, rain, rain. Having spent 9 days in Yorkshire with only one completely dry day I have to say it does look worse in the Lake District. As you say though it does not have to spoil a holiday.

6:01 pm  
Blogger Tortoiseshell said...

Great stuff on the blog - thanks for everything.

12:51 am  
Blogger Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

I saw the pictures on Lorenzo's blog - she is adorable - and I think looks like her dad - which means she looks like you!

3:46 am  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Oh thank you kind Halfmom! I am adorable aren't I? Oh hang about, did you mean me or the baby?

11:51 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

It's still getting wetter and wetter here. I played the YouTube and it made me smile, it's been a long time since I heard that song.

11:07 pm  
Blogger Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

Oh Llama dear - of course you are adorable too......

12:10 am  
Blogger Merisi said...

Makes me feel guilty, reading all over British Bloglandia how much rain you all had to suffer through this summer. Somehow, Vienna shrugs off in the morning any rain cloud that has sneaked in overnight.

The baby's adorable, and I can spot a keen interest in all things maritime already! ;-)

9:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home