Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How to make Drip Coffee

Drip coffee seems to be a Japanese invention. My nephew Jack, who lives in Tokyo, keeps me supplied with consignments from time to time.

Remove the filter from the air-tight sachet (the green thing on the left). I have conditioned a reflex to make sure it is the right way up, or else the ground coffee ends up on the floor. Spread the filter using the tabs provided and seat the filter above the receptacle in the slots . Pour boiling water into the filter. I do this twice to increase the volume and to extract the last microgramme of caffeine.

While the filtration takes place, foam up some milk in a saucepan using a milk-frother supplied by Jack's mother (i.e. my sister, Lorenzo the Llama). Whisk until really stiff.

Pour the froth into the coffee. Sprinkle chocolate powder over the froth and drink

10 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Mmmmm .... drip coffee with a foamy top! What could be nicer!!

9:20 pm  
Blogger simon said...

I think you need to harden up.... just drink cheap instant coffee.... no sugar no milk and thick enough to stand a spoon in
;o)

9:35 pm  
Blogger donsands said...

I've had Hobo coffee, but never coffee like this.

11:07 pm  
Anonymous Jack said...

You mean that the coffee was from your nephew Jack and his charming wife!
Surprised you didn't show the photo of the bird-friendly coffee we got you!

Jack

4:17 am  
Blogger Badger said...

You didn't tell us the most important thing - what does it taste like?

7:12 am  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

Is this post a sign that you are stuck inside and you are bored??

8:35 am  
Blogger Maalie said...

Thanks everybody!

Jack, yes, of course, that is understood!

Badger, well, it sort of tasted like coffee, really. With a hint of chocolate.

Kiwi, never bored in England! I have to get ready for a well-earned holiday!

8:54 am  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Nice. Nothing better than a good, fresh cup of coffee, I say. Though I have to say I just am not as fancy or sophisticated. Though it is fun to try the more expensive coffees.

3:39 am  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Yummity-yum. Make me one! Pretty please!

3:53 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I can see you heading off to Japan on a field trip.

7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home