Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Paris


When I heard that my mate Simon in Australia was vising Paris on business, I had no hesitation in jumping on the overnight Eurolines coach from London to Paris in order to spend a day with him. I arrived in Paris at 6.00 am, just as the dawn was breaking.

The Eurolines coach waits to board the midnight ferry from Dover

Paris, deserted before dawn

The golden statues on the roof of the Opera house (Palais Garnier) catch the first rays of the rising sun



A reminder of my personal artistic icon, Serge Diaghilev...






...but this was the nearest I could get to pointe shoes on this visit

Sunrise over the Seine, the clock reflects the sunshins into the river

Les Pyramides near L'Ouvre art gallery

Yes, I think I have found the correct city...


Notre Dame

Simon arrives

A rêpe is called for (cream of chestnut with whipped cream), the "slimming" version!

A toast to absent friends

A flavour of the Côtes du Rhône...

And finally apples from Normandy condensed into a glass (or was it more?) of Calvados

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheers!

6:41 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Your pics are so good, I nearly feel like I'm there! Good you guys could get together.

9:42 pm  
Blogger simon said...

yes, and then the Calvados went to my head and I forgot everything I said and did....

ahahahahah!

11:44 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

I would have enjoyed some of that.

Just a good cultural experience to be there, and probably as much as anything else, what attracts me to want to visit Europe.

12:11 am  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

I hope you remembered me amongst absent friends!!!

9:23 am  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Mmmm.. It's strange to see Simon with only one glass of beer at a time.

Lucky old things to be in Paris. What's your car doing on my drive?

7:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All very nice photographs. I like the looks of the drinks too.

I published a post about squirrels and other animals and some of the problems they have. I hope you can take the time to read it. That animals suffer and we do not seem to notice seems so sad. Look at my Dances on Sunshine

7:25 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Maalie, what wonderful pictures again, you certainly seem to have had a great time. I think you are very thoughtful to have done such a thing for a dear friend.
I loved the ballet shoes.

10:53 pm  
Blogger Halfmom, AKA, Susan said...

very jealous of you both!

1:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home