Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Brekky Fruit

The three jars on the left are the originals from Australia;
the two on the right are from Tesco in England

I first encountered Brekky Fruit in Australia when I went to visit my mate Simon. It is simply fruit preserved in juice or syrup stored in plastic wide-necked screw-capped jars. You can eat it for breakfast either on its own or (my preference) with your breakfast cereal. It is ideal for camping, as we discovered.

What attracted me to the product was not only the contents, but the jars themselves, which make ideal storage units. And, being wide-necked, they offer other useful functions when camping. I brought one back with me, and Simon brought another one on each of his subsequent visits to England, making three (they are the three on the left in the picture).

While shopping today in Tesco, I discovered Brekky Fruit in England! Well, Brekky Fruit in all but name, the containers seem identical. I bought two, peaches and pears (they are the two at the right in the picture).

So now I can supply my own Brekky Fruit jars.

Message for Simon: Mate, no need to use up your weight allowance on Brekky Fruit jars when you come next April; please use it on Cherry Ripes instead!

5 Comments:

Blogger simon said...

will do mate!!!! what a trip down memory lane..

10:11 pm  
Blogger Tess Kincaid said...

Brekky is new to me! (and so are Cherry Wipes, er, I mean Ripes)

11:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dear old Co-Op do quite good apricot halves in apple juice, so not too sweet. Also, they chutney rather well if you don't boil them too long. Say, curried apple and apricot.

Jon of the Hill

1:23 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I love the Bekky fruit too, the peaches or pears, (or very similar) and eat them with Greek yoghurt and a scoop of honey. Yummy, yummy.

8:30 pm  
Anonymous Ted M. Gossard said...

That fruit is good for you, too. Minus all the sugar they add to it. But you might as well eat it in a way you enjoy rather than not at all.

Reminds me of this rare beer purchase I made for yesterday's game (and beyond, of course) a six pack of Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat beer. Too much cherry, in fact I'll know better next time. But still beer. I wonder how much actual cherry content I'm getting. And I wonder that with any products. (sorry for the diversion, there) :)

(nice to that you discovered that from Simon over in Australia)

12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home