Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day of the Griffon

After the Aragón steppes, Alberto promised us "mountains and vultures." Were were not to be disappointed. We arrived at the rocky crags of the start of the Pyrenees, in high expectation.

We were driven somewhere up there, to a ridge on Mount St. Miguel

"Follow me", said Alberto. Well, a couple of us did...

There is a vertical rock face of thousands of feet just beyond that crazy man...

Ooops, no nearer that edge, please...

The arrow shows the ledge where we were perched...

And the Griffons came to see what idiots had invaded their realm

I thought this one was going to pick me up and fly off with me...


Eye to eye with a Griffon Vulture

Off he goes, maybe we didn't look appetising after all

On the glide path in to land

3 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

On that path I am not surprised the griffon came to call! If I was a vulture I think I would be eyeing you up for a suitable meal as well.
Love the landscapes. When I was in Barcelona quite some years ago, I visited Montserrat, and loved the rock formations there, which have some similarities to these ones.
Your photos inspire me even more to walk the Camino Aragones one day, though I know I won't be so high!

8:40 am  
Blogger simon said...

this is the best post I have ever read....

10:52 am  
Blogger donsands said...

Sweet!

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home