Blog Site by Appointment to His Regal Majesty the Maalie King

He who would be a Leader, let him be a Bridge

Crown Copyright: The Royal Maalie Court

Friday, July 24, 2009

My new camera!

I've got a new camera! I have, I really have! It is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7, the latest model in this popular series, bought at the recommendation of a friend. It boasts ten million pixies and sings and dances more than I shall ever know! I got it new on-line from Amazon UK for about £40 less than the shop price (I know, because I looked in the shop!).

My new camera, a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7

It has a x12 optical zoom (from 25mm wide angle through to 300mm) but with so many pixies at my disposal there is bags of scope for "digital zooming" and cropping. Obviously, I am still getting used to it and can't wait to try it out in my travels. Below are some trial pictures I took, at the end of my street about 10.00pm in the evening, a month after the Summer Solstice.



This little fellow is a Sand Martin, a relative of the Swallow, that nests in burrows it excavates in sand banks and eroded river banks. There is a colony close to my home.


Sky Watch Friday

Maalie selects images from his albums of travel pictures for Skywatch

Click here for a complete list
of all the participants
of this week's Sky Watch!


10 Comments:

Blogger Sabi Sunshine said...

Congratulation Maalie you got the new camera..... Are you excited about it ??? you must be .. So Now i know it was a camera that takes a good picture... Not you....? Hehehe Just kidding .. You are really good photographer.. I guess i will be looking some great shot from that camera...

Take Care
Love
Sabi

5:38 pm  
Blogger Niina said...

Congrats to your new camera! And what beautiful shots and a cute birdie! Greetings from Sweden and happy weekend.

6:40 pm  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Yeah, congrats on the new camera. We must have a mutual camera lesson. I still don't understand my camera either.

I do like that little cutie of a bird!

8:53 pm  
Anonymous abby said...

Hi agan, that's the camera I want! tell me how it goes, need it for Shetland to get better shots of birds and all the fab wildlife here. Is it easy to use? Glad you're coming back to visit me regularly too, spread the 'shetland my love' word thanks!

10:00 pm  
Blogger simon said...

mate- it brings back fond memories of a jet lagged mate, arriving in Aus, having an awful VB larger, and walking the fire trails only to get his camera to zoom and then... instead of pressing the button he just dropped it.. resulting in the lens being bent like a banana!

Seriously is this one shock proof and water proof? I find the Olympic I have to be a bit finiky with the light and vibration. Also- it does not have a view finder, so in bright sunlight the screen is difficult and as such a photo can be just guess work...

12:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forward ro seeing more results - the first ones seem to be mostly of the Hill!

I have an early DMC FX9 withwhat I imagined was a mock Leica lens, but the definition and colour is outstanding, even with a mere 6 MegaPixels. Have fun.

Jon (at the Hill)

8:40 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

oooo lucky you, a nice new camera. If you're anything like me, you'll have to carry the instruction book around with you for the next six months. Or maybe I'mm just a little more technically challenged...

1:29 pm  
Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Those pics look very good indeed, and the description as well as size of it- great!

I like mine, but it's really kind of bulky. Well at least I'll never lose it, I would hope!

9:10 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I've seen this advertised. it looks fabulous. i shall look forward to seeing what it produces.

10:04 pm  
Anonymous Reece said...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 camera is really fantastic... I like your choice!! Picture quality is superb!!

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home